Monday, November 10, 2008

I think I'll just move in to Sears

Auto Center. Due to all the time - and money - I spend there recently.

After all the maintenance and the purchase of an ultra expensive high performance starter motor ( as if I were a rally driver, lol), my car developed a ticking (coughing ?) noise every time I turn the motor on and turn a wheel. I have no idea what it is and the Sears mechanics did not mention that anything was wrong. Sigh.

So today I need to go there again and make them check it out. Wish me luck. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a credit card account there? If not you should do it, we get discounts with every statement for 10 or 20 bucks off - that's a couple pretzels and some coffee while you are waiting for them to screw you on the car!

Our neighbor has a guy who fixes her $875 car for 10 bucks and keeps her on the road for a couple months or so. She doesn't drive much though. We are buying a brand new one since we will be here for as far ahead as we can think and at least there is a good warranty. Then as the truck has trouble we can use Amparo's fly-by-night-fix it all guy! katrina ps hope they can keep you on the road without breaking the piggy bank.

Minerva said...

Sears credit card... well, I would have never thought of that! Thanks for the tip! My car is a 2002 Mazda with low mileage and I had it inspected by a good mechanic when I bought it. He said the car was very good. And I had no trouble with it since December till now. To be true, I let some young volunteers (Brits, Americans, Canadians) in the mountains use it during the summer when I was in the USA not knowing they would put over 2000 miles on it in 6 weeks. I wonder what did they do: drive around the island 10 times??? And HOW did they drive those bumpy roads? Oh, well, as they say: no good deed ever goes unpunished...