Friday, April 10, 2009

Carribbean art bargain!

My virtual friend, Heather is an artist, living, painting and gardening in Grenada. Heather is a very talented painter with one flaw typical of idealistic dreamers - she does not price her work nowhere near their real value.

Or what would you say of her willing to part with the painting above for US$10??? I bid $ 50 for it and would consider it a bargain if I actually ended getting it for that price.... since you are welcome to outbid me... or bid on any other of her paintings, the images of which you can see browsing through her blog.

Wouldn't you like to have an authentic piece of art, which is also a cheerful reminder of the balmy Caribbean, hanging somewhere in your place???

And to be able to acquire it at a bargain price? What could be better in this gloomy time of economic crisis?

2 comments:

zooms said...

Thanks a million, Minerva. There have been two defining moments that have altered my mindset.
The first was many years ago, when I was running around like a headless chicken trying to please everyone, being a parent, a lover, a daughter and a friend, when some one told me
"It is Arrogant of you to assume that you are responsible for everyone's happiness"
and the second was today when you wrote
""Your price tells the admirer you do not value your talent... and a talent is a horrible thing to waste"
I have never forgotten the first and I will never forget the advice you gave to me today. Thank you. x

Minerva said...

Glad to help. :-)))