Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Purple beauties


The favorite purple beauties of my youth were lilacs.
I miss their fragrance, their promise of a spring romance... and of a summer to come...
In Poland they were blooming in May, in Sweden in July and I met them in the USA, too, but in upstate New York, around the Fingerlakes.
Unfortunately they do not grow in the warm climate, where I like to live. So my southern purple beauty of choice is wisteria.
Wisteria grows all over Atlanta, covering plenty of trees with its showy purple flowers. A lot prettier - and more cheerful - than the kudzu vines.

If you like wisteria, you can find a lot more pictures of it here , on Ewas blog, as she assembled a gallery of wisteria pictures from all (?) the places, where they grow. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.so you also can read my blog.my blog is aboutAir jordanand Nike air jordan ,if you like air jordan shoes or you are intersting in Jordan shoes.welcome to my blog.

Minerva said...

Lol, a marketing blog about a specific brand of sprt shoes? Recession breeds desperation, I guess.

zooms said...

With you there on the Lilacs, the Wisteria photos are amazing and thanks for the great link,but does it have a perfume that can evoke what the Lilac does?

Minerva said...

Unfortunately not :-(((... but it looks like i will be smelling lilacs at the end of May... in Poland! More later.

zooms said...

Whaaaaat?

Minerva said...

Patience, zooms, I said "later" ;-)