Thanks heavens I am not a high strung and treating herself waaaay too seriously teenager any longer!
As a teen I happened to have been showered with far too many - both deserved and undeserved - awards far too quickly .... and the first one too many was for me a first prize in a poetry competition awarded for my very first poem.... which resulted in my not being able to show another one to anybody afraid that it might be worse than the first one, that in that first one my "arte" was already in "pico" !
Then followed a prize for a cabaret, I wrote, inspired by the King Ubu (never again), directed (never again), designed and made all scene decorations (...yeah, you guessed it, never again) and ... like all narcissistic people - played a main role! (uh, huh, here I broke the never again rule time and time again, lol)
In that fashion any possibilities for an artistic "career" for me - either in visual or performing arts - became exhausted before I turned eighteen. So what was a self critical (? or just "chicken"? or perhaps much to vain???) girl to do?
I went to study international relations and international law (both at a doctoral level) and then topped it with international business management. A logical choice, don't you think?;-)
But now, in my early retirement I have become mature enough ( or so I hope) to accept this Arte y Pico award graciously. After all, if my "art" were not to "pique" now, then when?
Thanks Ewa ... and please don't take my ramblings the wrong way... I always try to make fun of myself when I feel both delighted and embarrassed. :-)
The rules of the award dictate that:
1. I have to pick 5 blogs that I consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.
4. I have to include a link to the “Arte Y Pico” blog so that everyone will know where the award came from.
5. And, finally, I have to show these rules.